After the success of over 600 bands entering last year, Macbeth Footwear have relaunched their compeition again for 2012 for a ten lucky bands to perform at this year’s Groezrock festival on the Macbeth stage, powered by Blackstar amplification.
You can sign up your band to the contest by filling out the form on the company’s website (here) before the February 16th and show everyone what you’ve got.
A panel of music industry professionals will review all submissions and make an initial selection of the candidates, all of which will be announced on February 21st. The selected bands then enter into a popular vote competition in which they will have to get as many people as possible to vote for them. The more votes, the more chance you have of playing the Macbeth stage.
On March 10th, Macbeth will announce which 10 bands have received the most votes and thus qualify for a spot on the Macbeth stage at Groezrock 2012. In total 14 bands will be invited to play the Macbeth stage.
• Submissions need needs to be entered before February 16th 2012.
• The first selection of bands will be announced through www.macbethfootwear.net/groezrock on February 21st 2012.
• The voting period closes on March 5th 2012.
• The bands that get offered a spot will be notified before March 10th 2012.
• Groezrock day tickets are included for the artists only.
• The backline will be provided by Blackstar amplification, it is not possible for bands to use their own backline.
• Stage size 6m x 4m.
• The 10 bands invited to play have no saying in day or time.
• 4 more bands will be selected through other competitions.
• Any questions – feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org