Since Donald Trump officially entered the office a fortnight ago (January 20th 2017) and became the 45th President of the United States of America, you’d be hard pressed to go a single day without hearing some form of news coverage about it, whether that be linked to a protest, or hearing of a new executive order he’s implementing.
Not ones to shy away from a political and/or social issue that they’re concerned and passionate about, St. Albans post-hardcore troupe Enter Shikari have shared a batch of ten tips (or, strategies) towards anti-Trump protestors in order to help them know how to present their views and disdain whilst also remaining peaceful and respectful.
You can read them below, originally posted on Facebook, which the band have also encouraged are shared:
Good strategies to apply:
1. Don’t use his name;
2. Remember this is a regime and he’s not acting alone;
3. Do not argue with those who support him–it doesn’t work;
4. Focus on his policies, not his orange-ness and mental state;
5. Keep your message positive; they want the country to be angry and fearful because this is the soil from which their darkest policies will grow.
6. No more helpless/hopeless talk
7. Support artists and the arts
8. Be careful not to spread fake news. Check it.
9. Take care of yourselves; and
10. Resist! Copy to paste to your wall.
Regardless of your position and viewpoint on the US election and Donald Trump‘s presidency, we here at DEAD PRESS! encourage that all supporters and protesters that choose to rally and/or share their views and opinions in any way do so with respect whilst being mindful of the wellbeing of others.