NEWS: Burn It Down Festival 2020 cancelled; postponed for 2021!

Unfortunately, Burn It Down Festival has been forced to be cancelled this year due to the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.

Held in Torquay, this year’s festival was set to hosted on September 5th 2020, with a headline slot from Dinosaur Pile-Up, along with confirmed sets from Hacktivist, Vukovi, Palm Reader, and more.

The organisers, however, have confirmed that the festival will be postponed to return in 2021 instead, with line-up announcements and more details to follow in the coming weeks.

You can read a statement from the festival below.

“It is with a heavy heart that we announce that Burn it Down Festival is to be postponed to Saturday 11th September 2021.

We tried for so long to make something happen this year but unfortunately, we were unsuccessful and keeping our fans and artists in mind we have decided to postpone to 2021. It was a difficult decision for us as 2020 was a pivotal year for us; gearing up to be our biggest year yet. We apologise that this announcement hasn’t come sooner, we did everything in our power to ensure 2020 saw the light of day given our excitement for the bands on the bill and the blow for us postponing as a small festival. We want to thank you all for keeping patience with us -as a new upcoming festival, it means so much to have fans like you. We Love You!

Moving on to 2021 information – all tickets for the 2020 fest will remain valid for the rescheduled 2021 date. We ask that you please hold onto them as it is crucial for us to move forward from this, however you are entitled to a full refund should that be what you choose. We will announce the new lineup ASAP for Saturday 11th September.

2020 was on course to be our biggest yet and with that in mind, the original plan for 2021 was to expand into a weekend festival. Unfortunately, due to the current climate, we were unable to do so. We do, however, want to offer our fans the chance to have that weekend option – but we will need your support! If we come close to selling out the new rescheduled Saturday, we will be able to put an extra day on for Friday 10th September, but only with your support will this be possible.

If this plan comes to fruition, everyone who has so far bought a ticket (both from the newly cancelled date, and from this point until the upgrade) will receive a free weekend upgrade as a token of our gratitude.

We apologise for any inconvenience we have caused, but we hope that we can depend on your support. We’re a small team that wants to give you the best alternative fest in the South West. We will miss the mosh this September, but your safety and the safety of the crew and artist remains our absolute priority.

Please keep an eye on our social media for updates and if you have any questions drop us a comment or get in contact and we will get back to you.

Thank you for your understanding, and we are looking forward to seeing you next year.

Stay safe out there,
Lots of love


More details will be confirmed as they develop.