We here at DEAD PRESS! always want to recruit only the best and most dedicated music fans out there. Without passion in what you do, there’s no point in doing it. So, if you live and breathe music and want to be a part of what we do here, then take a look below and see if there’s any positions available that interest you.
We do our very best to get back in touch regarding any applications within 14 days of them being submitted. However, this sometimes can take longer, depending on how busy our workload is at the time. Please, feel free to resubmit any application if this timescale has been passed.
NOTE: Please be aware that all positions on the site are currently unpaid. You will, however, receive other incentives and perks such as access to shows and festivals, meeting and interviewing bands and artists, invites to listening parties and award shows, etc.
We’re always looking for the best writing talent out there to help tell people about the hottest new bands, releases and at times (because let’s face it, it happens) the ones that need to be avoided.
If you’re interested, see if you fit the criteria below before applying.
You must have:
– A firm and strong understanding of English grammar and spelling.
– An ability to consistently stick to strict deadlines.
– Knowledge and interest in the bands and genres that we cover.
– An active interest in seeking and exposing upcoming acts.
– A keen interest in helping the site grow.
– Daily access to internet and emails.
– Comfortable writing a range of different articles, including news, reviews and features.
– Previous experience (not a necessity, but definitely preferred).
– Ability to come up with ideas for exciting new features on a regular basis.
– Ability to keep up-to-date with news and current affairs daily.
– A firm knowledge on how to use and promote content via social media.
If the above sounds all good to you and you’re interested in applying, please send an email with the subject title ‘I WRITE GOOD’ along with your name, age, location, a 300-400 word album/EP review, and previous experience (if any) to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll reply ASAP.
We’re looking at expanding our photographer team right now. If you’re looking to join the DP! team and contributing your snapshots to the site, then we want you to get in touch.
You must have:
– Own a professional/DSLR camera.
– Have at least 6 months worth of previous experience within live music photography.
– A portfolio to show, including some recent work.
– Adobe Photoshop or similar software to edit your photos.
– Being able to provide us with edited photographs to showcase on the site within 48 hours of the event (gig or festival) ending.
If you tick all the above boxes then please send an email with the subject title ‘I TAKE PHOTOS’ with your name, age, location, and link to your portfolio of work to email@example.com and we’ll get back to you ASAP.
If you think you have something else to offer that DEAD PRESS! absolutely needs, then we want to hear from you.
Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the title ‘YOU NEED ME’, and let us know what you can bring to the table.