We here at DEAD PRESS! always want to recruit only the best and most dedicated music fans out there. Without passion in what you do, there’s no point in doing it. So, if you live and breathe music and want to help in being a part of what we do here, then take a look below and see if there’s any positions available that interest you.
NOTE: Please be aware that all positions on the site are unpaid. You will, however, receive free passes to shows, meet bands, get albums before their release date and other bonuses.
We’re always looking for the best writing talent out there to help tell people about the hottest new bands, releases and at times (because let’s face it, it happens) the ones that need to be avoided. If you’re interested, see if you fit the criteria below before applying. You must have:
- A passion and extended knowledge for music across a range of genres.
- Ability to comply with set deadlines (usually about 1 album review and 5 news stories per week unless asked otherwise).
- Comfortable writing a range of different articles, including album reviews, live reviews and features.
- Past experience (not a neccessity, but definitely preferred).
- Constant access to Internet and your email account.
- Able to come up with ideas for exciting new features on a regular basis.
- Keep yourself up-to-date with music news on a daily basis.
- Accounts and knowledge on how to use Facebook and/or Twitter to help promote your articles online.
If the above sounds all good to you and you’re interested in applying, please send an email with the subject title ‘APPLY: Writer’ along with your name, age, address and a recent album and live review to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll reply ASAP. Don’t forget to mention any particular genres you’d feel least comfortable covering.
Along with writing articles for the site, we’re also looking for a legion of interviewers too. This will entail you primarily conducting face-to-face interviews with the bands at shows and festivals, but also chatting with them on phones and via email. Previous experience is preferred, but not essential.
Sound like your bag? Send us an email with the subject title ‘APPLY: Interviewer’ along with your name, age, location and link to previous interviews (should you have any) over to email@example.com and we’ll be in touch. Remember, applicants for this position will also be applying to be a writer.
We’re looking at expanding our photographer team right now. If you’re looking to joing the DP! team and contributing your snapshots to the site, please make sure you comply with these requirements:
- Own a professional/SLR camera
- Have at least 6 months worth of previous experience with live music photography
- A portfolio of work to show, including some recent work
- A premium account on Flickr so there’s no limit on your photo uploads (not a requirement, but definitely preferred)
- Adobe Photoshop to edit your photos before sending them over to us
If you tick all the above boxes then please send an email with the subject title ‘APPLY: Photographer’ with your name, age, location and link to your portfolio of work to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you. Though not a neccessity to use our logo watermark in your photos, especially if you think it’ll dramatically effect the quality of the photo, it can be provided upon request.
All photography work, where we choose to use it, will maintain the watermarks/credit you’ve left on the image and we’ll also link to your Flickr/Facebook page where possible.
Everyone likes video content. Nothing like watching and listening to something simultaneously, right? We’re looking for some videographers to join the team who’ll be recording interviews with bands for us, covering festivals, tour videos, music videos and more. If you have the following, you might be what we’re after:
- Own HD level video camera gear
- Previous experience with music related video content (music videos, documentarys, etc)
- Experience using video editing software (Final Cut Pro, etc)
- Able to use initiative when capturing video content and how it’ll appear afterwards in post-production
If this sounds all good, get in touch with us by sending us an email with the subject ‘APPLY: Videographer’ over to email@example.com along with your name, age, location, links to previous works and anymore additional information that you think would be relevant.
Along with churning out some quality editorial content, we also want our site and artwork to look super snazzy and sexy. So, with this in mind, we’d like to recruit some graphic designers out there who are able to create some super snazzy and sexy art for us to make our site look fresh. If interested then you must:
- Be able to create innovative and interesting art pieces to accompany various site content
- Have an extensive knowledge in using programmes like Illustrator and Photoshop to create original art pieces
- Come up with fresh and exciting ideas for new pieces to the site
Got your name written all over this? Send us an email with the subject ‘APPLY: Designer’ along with your name, age, address, pieces of previous work (recent please) over to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can.